A science fiction-horror novel
In the tradition of George Orwell’s 1984 and Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World comes a deep warning that if current behaviors continue, democracy in the United States could fall in an eerily similar fashion as the Roman Republic did over 2,000 years earlier. Collective narcissism by competing ideologies leads to fighting in Congress, assassinations and mob violence until the escalation reaches its natural conclusion, civil war or even a coup. The effect of which lands squarely on normal, law-abiding citizens and families who become displaced, are forced to choose a side and overwhelmingly suffer the consequences of living under the authoritarianism of an empire that grows out of the ashes of democracy.
Haisley & De’ontay are starting a new family in Ellington, a small American town
Captain Dick is the Chief of Police there, and his wife Emily is the mayor
Abra is the five year-old daughter of a rich, politically-partisan donor in town
Zeke is a revenge-driven townie whose business was cancelled by Abra’s father
They are all swept up in the tumult at 4pm on Friday the 13th of July, 2040 when Alexander Schenk, a five star general, uses a breakthrough software technology for neural chips called Rhetoric for his own benefit. With Rhetoric, General Schenk plans and executes a military coup that will change the face of America forever.
But it’s not too late. Well before the coup takes place, Haisley Jones had been chosen by Rhetoric’s creator to offset General Schenk. Now she must learn to harness its power in order to save democracy.
The countdown begins.
Available on Kindle, Kindle Unlimited or Paperback, go here
- Audiobook – Democracy Jones: 7/13Science fiction-horror novel, Democracy Jones: 7/13 is now available onContinue reading “Audiobook – Democracy Jones: 7/13”
- Reviews for Democracy Jones: 7/13Since Democracy Jones: 7/13 was published on, you guessed it,Continue reading “Reviews for Democracy Jones: 7/13”
- Why I Wrote A Scifi Horror Novel About A Coup In The US7/28/2023 Note: Due to high traffic and interest in DemocracyContinue reading “Why I Wrote A Scifi Horror Novel About A Coup In The US”
- Back Circle TheoryNote: Back Circle Theory is an approach to analyzing andContinue reading “Back Circle Theory”
- ParnassianismA Parnassian is an archetype of the middle/upper middle class, evenContinue reading “Parnassianism”
- DEMOCRACY JONES: 7/13A science fiction-horror novel In the tradition of George Orwell’s 1984 andContinue reading “DEMOCRACY JONES: 7/13”
- Real Reviews of CHIN MUSIC RHUBARBIt’s only been out a week or so, but youngContinue reading “Real Reviews of CHIN MUSIC RHUBARB”
- Book Release: CHIN MUSIC RHUBARBI am thrilled to announce that my young adult, coming-of-ageContinue reading “Book Release: CHIN MUSIC RHUBARB”
- Home of SHANACHIE51 PRESSartofneed.com is home to independent publisher, SHANACHIE51 PRESS. If youContinue reading “Home of SHANACHIE51 PRESS”
- FREE CHAPTER! – Chin Music RhubarbCHIN MUSIC RHUBARB, a young adult coming-of-age novel, will publishContinue reading “FREE CHAPTER! – Chin Music Rhubarb”
- An Actor Reads Divide the DawnConsidering a purchase of historical novel Divide the Dawn? HaveContinue reading “An Actor Reads Divide the Dawn”
- An Invisible Asterisk on Irish-America*Should Andrew Jackson be considered Irish-American? The answer is aContinue reading “An Invisible Asterisk on Irish-America*”
- Gangs of Brooklyn
- Goodreads Giveawayhttps://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/305743-divide-the-dawn-fight Divide the Dawn is doing a book giveaway onContinue reading “Goodreads Giveaway”
- Honora’s JourneyThey said my great-grandmother was stunningly beautiful, had a whip-smartContinue reading “Honora’s Journey”